Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Guess What Happened To Me Today...

Monday morning, I came into the office still rejoicing over the day and felt a little tired but knew I had things to get done.  I spent the morning emailing people and having some study time and by the afternoon my mind was just tired.  What do you do when you have a tired mind?  Well, if it’s April and you still haven’t done your taxes, you get them out of the way.  Having done my taxes for so long and with the great software available to take care of everything, I just started entering our information and got our return finished.

Once I’d completed the return I simply had to file it electronically and our 2014 taxes would be complete.  I went through the pages answering the questions and received the confirmation that I could now send in my form.  I clicked the “Send Now” button and a picture of an envelope came up and it showed the forms being loaded into it.  Once it had all the forms it sealed itself up and I watched as clouds came rushing by showing me it was flying to the cloud to its destination.  All of the sudden a message came up: “Your form could not be filed because a form with this social security number has already been filed”!  What?!  I never filed my taxes because I never completed the forms.  I tried it about four or five more times with the same results and knew I had to call the Internal Revenue Service.

After spending 20 minutes looking for the right number to call I ended up on a recorded line and kept getting transferred to various other recordings.  It was getting really annoying listening to all these options when all I wanted was a real person to talk to.  Finally I got a message that placed me on hold and went to music, which always seems to be a good sign.  That is, until another recording comes on saying there are too many people in the queue so call back later and it just hangs up.  Have to love our tax dollars hard at work! Lol

Finally I decide to call the Fraud division and I actually get ahold of somebody.  They take all my information and look and sure enough, somebody had used my information to file a tax return.  After several minutes of discussion I knew what I had to do to correct the problem from my side and set out to fill out forms and contact organizations about the fraud.  Today, I mailed my tax return and hopefully everything else will get corrected soon.


That got me wondering about my life as a Christian.  When I get on my knees to pray and my prayers get to heaven, does a fraud alert go off?  You know, claim to be a Christian but only come to God when I need something from Him.  Or does heaven respond with open arms because God knows my heart is set on Him and He’s just waiting to move mountains on my behalf?  There are a lot of frauds out there, but don’t let yourself get caught being one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments and your positive feedback. God bless you!