Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I Need Tami....

Every year Tami has to go out of town for several weeks because of her job. Luckily, all of her travel for the year is completed by the end of March. Every year it gets harder and harder to let her go because I like having her at home at night even if we’re not doing anything together during the evening. When she is gone I feel lost, and then at night when it’s time to go to sleep it just doesn’t feel right because she is not there. I’m thankful she has such a great job and works with great people, but I love my family and really like it when they are close by.

I have friends and family that I love and I’m committed to. I look forward every week to being able to spend time with them because they are such an important part of my life. They celebrate with me, cry with me, love me, support me, teach me, and so many other things. When I am away from my family I feel lost. My spirit is aware that it’s not getting the things it needs to stay strong and alive.

I have a Savior, His name is Jesus Christ. Every day I should be connecting with Jesus through prayer, meditation, and spending some time in the Bible. Every so often I find the pace of life getting out of hand, and I sacrifice those elements that are most important to my spiritual life. I know that Jesus is just waiting to connect with me, but He is not going to force me to do something that I don’t want to do. When I don’t connect with Jesus on a daily basis I find myself beginning to feel dry and empty inside. I begin to blame others or the church for my misery because I’m not being “fed,” as so many have said through the years. But I need to remember that the most important part of my being fed comes from the time that I’m alone with Jesus. For years I’ve heard that everybody else is to blame, but just as it’s important to make sure I’m close to my family, and as important as it is that I’m close to my friends and family, it’s most important that I’m close to Jesus Christ. Are you the one who will commit to staying close to Christ? What’s the next step you have to take to make that happen? Whatever that step is, do it today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments and your positive feedback. God bless you!